Test mode can be used to simulate a clock in sync to GPS. This is useful when testing the outputs of a clock before the clock is installed on site. If you have security enabled your account requires administrator permissions to enable Test Mode
Test mode should only be used for testing purposes and not be used as a primary reference source.
- Connect to the clock using the latest Tekron Configuration Tool
- In the clock tab press the "Configure" button in the bottom right of the clock tab
- Select the time and date to set the clock
- Test mode defaults to the current PC time
- Press set, the configuration tool will change to match
- Set the outputs to report the clock status as "in sync"
- Navigate to the I/O tab and press the radio buttons "Outputs always report in sync" and "Sync relay is always on (test mode)
Turning off Test Mode
To turn off test mode you need to power cycle the unit and uncheck the radio buttons "Outputs always report in sync" and "Sync relay is always on (test mode)
Note: Firmware older than 3.13r (TCG G Series, NTS Series, TTM G Series) requires that all sync sources be disabled to use the test source.