To set up the clock monitor string you will need to:
- Navigate to the I/O tab in the Tekron configuration Tool
- Select Clock Monitor under the serial string on the P4 output
- Set the Baud rate to 9600
- Set the format to be 8-N-1
- Click the store settings button
- Log the serial string on your computer
- Record at least 30 minutes.
By default the serial port on a clock is configured for DCE and requires a straight through serial cable. The serial port can be connected to the laptop with a dedicated serial port or with a USB-to-serial converter
On your computer, you will need to view and log the serial output from the clock, you will need a terminal program such as TeraTerm. Using your terminal program, you will then need to configure it to use the same Baud and format configured for the clock ( Baud: 9600, Format: 8-N-1). Then confirm you can see human readable text.
An example of the string looks like:
20181218,104127,+0800,18,2252275,2208506,1, 6, 15, 2, +0, +0,16384,0000000F,0000000A, 1,8,182504, 1 1 2,70,0,609,1,0, 3,40,13,00,09,00,0040*
Note: This can only be performed on TCG 01-E, TCG 01-G, TCG 02-E and TCG 02-G Units.