- Moving from v1.xx to v.2xx the clock will lose any license it has
- Firmware version 1.xx will only communicate with configuration tool V3.xxx
Please make sure DHCP server is available for use during the upgrade process.
- Download the first upgrade tool from this page
- Connect the clock to an unmanaged switch and connect to the clock with the configuration tool provided in the upgrade pack.
- Take note what licenses are installed in the clock.
- A guide of how to do this can be found here
- Set the unit to have a static IP address, and set your computer to be on the same domain.
- Run the upgrade tool (GPSClock Upg), and press begin (Note the GPS code does not match the clock's serial number)
- The upgrade tool may prompt you to power cycle the clock.
- This will bring the clock to firmware version v2.020
- At this point, the clock will lose its firmware licenses.
- Contact Tekron’s support team to provide the lost licenses. The team require the MAC address of the Ethernet module; found in the Network tab of the configuration tool.
- Connect to the clock with either configuration tool
- The clock will have reverted back to DHCP. Please make sure DHCP server is available for use during the upgrade process.
- Set the clock to a static IP address
- Upgrade to the latest release firmware. TCG 01-E(D1 Hardware) & TTM 01-E is
- The upgrade hangs on the message "attempt to connect to clock" and the status bars are at 0% try restarting the clock, whilst the upgrade is running. This may prompt the upgrade.
- Note: The upgrade may fail several times; power cycle the clock and try again.
- Note: the clock may fail after upgrading the RCM, power cycle the clock and run the upgrade again.
- Always check the firmware version on the front screen (TTM 01-E does not have front
panel/screen). Sometimes the upgrade says it is complete, but this is not reflected on the
front panel (front panel is correct)
- Power cycle the unit several times, sometimes the unit takes several attempts to update the version.
- If the clock is TCG and if mainboard upgrade fails or does not change on the front screen. try using the serial upgrade tool