Occasionally firmware can fail to upgrade, this is usually because the inbuilt integrity check fails, often because an error has been introduced through the downloading or transferring of the firmware.
To fix this it is recommended to simply retry the firmware upgrade.
In the event that the firmware upgrade repeatedly fails, then there are a few things that can be tried:
- Power Cycle the unit and then try the upgrade again
- Try using a different computer to perform the upgrade
- If using a network switch, try using a direct connection between the clock and computer or try a different switch
- Ensure the unit has a solid power supply and that it is not experiencing a brief Undervoltage before restarting
- Redownload the upgrade package from the Tekron Support Site
- Lastly, check if the computer's network interface has multiple IPv4 addresses. If so try removing all but one. Then try the upgrade again.
- If all of these steps fail, raise a support request with our support team
If a clock is showing the correct version numbers in the Tekron Configuration Tool or Tekron Upgrade Tool, then you can trust that the firmware has been loaded correctly.