1. Select the clock in which you would like to upgrade.
2. Connect using the Tekron Configuration software.
3. Determine Firmware version and the static IP for the ADMIN/ETH1 Port (Please note: Tekron clocks are configured to use DHCP by default, so if a static IP is not set, you will need to set one).
5. Important Note: If you are upgrading an NTS -G series clock, and if PRP is enabled on the clock, PRP must be temporarily disabled before performing the firmware upgrade. To check the PRP settings, go to the Basic Network Tab and select the Advanced options. Check that the PRP Link checkbox is not selected for ETH2 and for ETH5 if present.
6. Check that both your PC and clock IP addresses are on the same sub-net.
7. Determine the firmware version you wish to upgrade to.
8. Download appropriate firmware version from support.tekron.com/downloads
9. Unzip Tekron Clock Universal Upgrade Tool Executable.
10. Open the Universal Upgrade Tool.
11. Select the discover button to list all clocks on the sub-net.
12. Select the clock in which you wish to upgrade or if you wish to add a clock on a remote sub-net, click the add button and enter in the IP of the clock you wish to upgrade.
13. Select the Upgrade button to trigger the upgrade process for your selected clock.
14 If security is enabled, you will be prompted to log in before being able to upgrade the firmware.
- You will need to ensure that the user that is being used to log in has the appropriate administrative permissions
15. Once the upgrade has started you will see a progress bar indicating the status of the upgrade. If you are upgrading multiple clocks at once, you will see a results window which will show the status of each clock.
17. You will know the upgrade is complete when you are shown a message stating that the upgrade was successful-
18. You can check the upgrade was successful by checking the firmware when connected to each Ethernet port beside the ADMIN/ETH1 Port.
19 You will also see the version number change on the clock discovery screen of the universal upgrade tool.
*Please note if you do not select the ADMIN/ETH1 for you initial loading of the firmware, you will only apply the firmware to the connected Ethernet port.
If the firmware upgrade fails, have a look at this guide to determine the issue: https://tekron.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034210412